The first step before using the CrossLoop application is installing it. Installing CrossLoop is easy and takes only a couple of minutes.
- Windows XP or newer; 128 MB RAM or greater; 2 MB hard drive space
- Mac OSX 10.4 (Tiger) or newer (Intel Processor required)
Internet Explorer 7+
Admin rights: You can install the new Crossloop client on Vista or Win7 while logged in as a non-admin user however, you might have to provide an admin password if UAC is set to prompt for one. You still need admin rights to install CrossLoop on operating systems older than Vista. You will receive an error message if you do not have it. Speak to your System Administrator to solve this error message.
Follow these steps to install CrossLoop:
- Go to our download page.
- If you are looking to buy the Professional or Home Edition to gain access to some exciting features, click on the respective "Learn More".
- In case you are looking for the free version, click "Download" .
- In the window's security warning, select "Run".
- When prompted, select "Run" again.
- Select your preferred language for the CrossLoop application.
- Click "Next" to start the install process.
- Read the agreement, select "I accept the agreement", and press "Next".
- Choose whether you want a desktop / quick launch icon.
- Press "Install" to confirm.
- Select whether you want to launch the program and click "Finish".
- After the installation has finished, you can open CrossLoop at any time by clicking the icon on your desktop, clicking on the tray icon, or by opening the program from the start menu. This is the CrossLoop application icon:
Installing to a different location
The CrossLoop application has a fixed install path in order to prevent people from installing on removable drives as that may lead to performance problems.
Over install (installing without uninstalling an older version)
There is no need to uninstall your older version of CrossLoop; you can install the current version over the old one.
(Back to top)