Promoting oneself is very vital to every helper in today’s Promote or Perish market. CrossLoop recognizes this and has come up with unique ideas, tools and widgets to assist you in attracting customers. With these in hand, you are all set to go that “extra mile” to market yourself.
The following are a few tips to promote yourself and get more leads to your profile, triggering additional business.
You can find all of these tools in your profile by clicking "Learn how to promote yourself" or by clicking here.
- CrossLoop widgets to sign off in style!
- Make a mark with CrossLoop Profile badges
- Invite business through CrossLoop’s Invite application
- Show off your tech skills with CrossLoop’s Questions Feed
As a helper on CrossLoop, you have a unique and simple URL to your profile:
http://www.crossloop.com/screenname. Post this URL on the internet especially on blogs, social networking sites, classified sites, email signature, comments to blog posts, popular forums, etc. This will increase your visibility on the internet and who knows potential customers may come “clicking” towards you!
You can also post the CrossLoop “I can help” widget as a signature in each of your mails. Doing it would take less than 30 seconds.
1) If you have a Yahoo email account, you will find the “Options” tab on the top right corner of your screen as soon as you login (Look at the mouse pointer in the image below).
2) Click on it. Then click “Mail Options”.
3) In the new page that appears, click the “Signature” tab on the top left of the screen. Then, in the right screen panel, select Show a signature on all outgoing messages.
4) Copy the embed code for the “I can Help” widget from http://crossloop.com/tools.htm. You have the option of choosing a widget with either a black or white background.
5) Return to your Yahoo account and click on “Rich Text” link on the right top corner of the text box
6) Paste the embed code in the text box. Select the text and click on the “Hyperlink” icon.
7) A window appears asking you to Insert a Link. Paste the same embed code in the window and click "OK".
8) Finally, Click the “Save Changes” tab. When you compose your message for your friends, relatives, etc., you will find the CrossLoop “I can help” widget at the bottom of each of your messages. Yes, now you are all set to promote yourself. Anyone can click the widget and they are automatically directed to your CrossLoop profile page.
Make a mark with CrossLoop Profile badges
Do you feel the need of visually compelling widgets to promote yourself to customers? Hooray! Here are the professionally designed CrossLoop badges to bring awareness to your profile. These can be published on social networking sites, blogs, your website, or sites belonging to your friends and family. Marketing yourself with these badges involves just a few clicks. It was never this easy before. Try it out.
1) Go to http://crossloop.com/badges.htm
2) Click on the badge of your liking. You can choose between vertical and horizontal badges.
3) Preview to make sure you like the badge. If you don’t, just choose another one.
4) If you need to publish the CrossLoop badge on your blog or any of the social networking website, proceed to Step 4 and choose website of your choice and login. For example, if you want to publish the badge on blogger. Select the blogger icon from the list of icons.
5) Login your blogger details and check the “Post to sidebar” option. Finally, click “Post”.
6) This will post the CrossLoop badge on your blog.
You also have the option of copying the embed code and pasting it in your website or blog or any social networking website. Yes, you are done. Simple, right?
1) Go to http://crossloop.com/tools.htm
2) Click the “Send Invitation” tab in the Invite your Contact to View your Profile panel.
3) Enter your details along with that of your friends and click “Send Message”.
This would send the message about your profile to your friends and other contacts.
Another area where you as a helper can promote yourself is at the popular forums on the internet. These forums have a huge traffic flow with people continuously asking and answering questions. This is the time for you to “show off” your tech skills! Post answers to questions along with your profile URL.
It is cumbersome to keep track of the questions posted on different forums. Understanding this CrossLoop has come out with CrossLoop Feeds which would automatically feed you questions being asked in forums like Yahoo!, Twitter, MSN, etc., in real time. Using this is really simple.
1) Go to https://www.crossloop.com/ipage.htm?id=CrossLoopFeeds/crossloopfeeds
2) Click the “Install Now” tab on CrossLoop Feeds icon in the center of the page.
3) Then, a message asking you permission to download and install Adobe AIR appears. Click “Yes”.
4) A window asking whether you would like to open or save the CrossLoopfeed.air file appears. Click on “Save”. Also choose the file name and the location as per your choice.
5) Then Click Install in the window that appears.
6) The CrossLoop Feeds opens automatically featuring live questions from different forums.
Clicking on these questions will give you a small preview of the whole question and if interested you can visit the forum by just a click. Surely CrossLoop Feeds will save you lot of work and time. Be sure to read the posting terms and conditions of these forums before answering.
Here are the links for the terms and conditions for these forums:
Yahoo Answers Community Guidelines
Yahoo Answers Terms of Service
Twitter Terms of Service