How do I know what kind of connection I haveThe CrossLoop client will always attempt to establish a Peer to peer connection between the two computers. If a "Peer to Peer" connection is not possible it will create a "Relay" connection and all information will go through our server.
If you are experiencing a slow connection speed, you are probably using a relay connection. In order to find out whether this is the case, you can follow these steps:
- Connect to another computer
- Click on the Gearwheel icon and choose Help --> About CrossLoop.
If there is a P2P section at the bottom of the about screen, you have a P2P connection. See below example:
If you can't establish a Peer to Peer connection please contact us at email@example.com providing as detailed a description as possible of both computers and the time when you experienced the problem. We will help you resolve the problem.
How can I make CrossLoop fasterYou can adjust the image quality to speed up performance. A lower image quality will improve the speed. In order to do so, you should follow these steps:
Once you make this change it will remain in that mode until you change it again.
- Before establishing the connection, click on the gear icon on the access computer
- Click on the gear wheel icon and choose Settings -->Change Image Quality.
- Set it to low image quality to speed up performance